[GRASS-dev] freetype on gentoo

Stefán István stefi at geohidroterv.hu
Thu Aug 24 05:31:17 EDT 2006

csütörtök 24 augusztus 2006 10.39 dátummal Maciej Sieczka ezt írta:
> Stefán István napisa?(a):
>
> > I understand this, but I think an ebuild for opendwg could be made. There
are
> > ebuilds for other commercial stuffs also, with the fetch restricted flag.
>
> I don't think it's possible. Please look at Open Design site for license
> details. Each eventuall user must *sign* an agreement with Open Design
> Alliance to be allowed to use their software and nobody is allowed to
> re-distribute their software in either source or binary form. The only
> "free" thing about OpenDWG/DGN is that it costs no money, in it's
> Associate Membership form.

Yes, but making an ebuild which install the libraries only if the user has
downloaded it before (and downloading means also signing the agreement)
doesn't mean re-distributing the software. It only makes simplier to install
it, and makes possible for other ebuilds to know if these libraries are
installed or not.
But I think that adding an opendwg use flag for grass ebuild doesn't even mean
to have to be an ebuild for opendwg too. Can't  it work so that if the user
specifies the opendwg useflag for the grass ebuild, you simply add the
appropriate switchies to the configure script, assuming that the libraries
are installed on the system already?

Thanks,
Istvan