[GRASS-dev] wxpython gui: speed of display

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Fri Aug 25 00:59:32 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 18:41 +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
> >   > Beyond that, immediate rendering makes it feasible to profile d.vect
> > > to find out where the CPU cycles are being spent (this isn't practical
> > > when the rendering process is split between d.vect, the PNG driver,
> > > and the kernel).
> > >
> > > If you want to try that, you need to add -pg to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS,
> > > and use --disable shared (also, there are problems with lib/init; that
> > > needs to be compiled without -pg). Running any program will produce a
> > > file named gmon.out, which can be analysed using gprof.
> >
> > I just compiled all of GRASS with -pg, but how do I now compile lib/init
> > without it ?
>
> 	rm -rf lib/init/OBJ.<arch>
> 	make -C lib/init COMPILE_FLAGS=<same as before but without -pg>

FYI, similar instructions can also be found in doc/debugging.txt.

Should I add this "alternative documentation" to the lib/init section as
well?  Some may find this easier than manually editing Platform.make.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785