[GRASS-dev] Keywords, help pages...

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Tue Aug 29 00:43:25 EDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:45:21 +1200
Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

>...snip....
>

> AFAIK, a module was never specifically written for this as v.category
> could do it (if you knew about it).
>
> Rather than keywords and updated help pages, I offer the attached
> script as a more direct solution.
>
> If folks feel it more appropriate a new C modules using the
> Vect_get_point_in_area() function [lib/vector/Vlib/poly.c] directly
> could be written, but I think this script is fine for now.
>

> In a similar vein, a v.dissolve script could be written as a front end to
> "v.extract -d".

Hamish,

Thanks, that is a much better solution.

I like the idea of a v.dissolve script especially if it had the option
to dissolve according using the values in one of the columns of the
attached attribute table; it would be much quicker to use.

I could write description.html files for v.add.centroids and v.dissolve
if it would be helpful.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)