[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #4905] (grass) gis.m: d.text.freetype does not allow spaces in text

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Aug 29 09:17:02 EDT 2006

Michael Barton via RT wrote:
> Is this fixed now? Freetype text doesn't work on a Mac so I can't tell.

No, neither the gis.m part, nor the d.text.freetype part (for which I
will post a separate bug report to make it more visible).

As Glynn wrote, the gis.m error can be "solved" by typing

d.text.freetype -n -b {text=Population totale}

instead of

d.text.freetype -n -b text="Population totale"

But I don't find this solution very intuitive, especially as on the
command line the second works.

So maybe there should be some treatment in gis.m which translates the
second version into something usable. Or at least the documentation has
to be updated, but I would only consider this as a temporary solution.

Just for memory, the d.text.freetype part of the bug is that even when a
space is accepted, it is not printed on the screen, making the above into:

Populationtotale

Moritz