[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1181] d.m/d.gis mysteries..

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 21:45:31 EDT 2006

Michael:
> >> I am anticipating that we'll drop d.m completely for 6.2 and merge
> >> all the menu items back into a single file

Markus:
> > To avoid confusion: it is not dropped for 6.2, it even (still?)
> > exists in 6.3.

Michael:
> In 6.3, I recommend 'decoupling' the menus of d.m and gis.m so as to
> make continued updating of the latter easier.

to expand on what I think Markus was getting at, shall we remove d.m
from GRASS 6.3 completly? It seems too much work to maintain 3 GUIs at
the same time.

Hamish

ps - I think the same with the main GRASS downloads page. There are too
many stables.
 6.1.0 -> current version (caveat..)
 6.0.2 -> old stable
 5.4.0 -> history section