[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #4905] (grass) gis.m: d.text.freetype does not allow spaces in text

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 22:58:41 EDT 2006

Huidae Cho wrote:
> I've changed FT_LOAD_DEFAULT to FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP not to try to load
> embedded bitmaps.  Could you please test this code?

Hi, I've just updated to the latest HEAD code...

I still get the same result if text="" has a space in it.
  (my usual test is text="`g.version`")

Monitor <x0>: Premature EOF
Floating point exception

Without a space it works fine.

I expect I am seeing the 2.2.1 ft_render_mode_mono bugfix backported to
Debian/stable's libfreetype 2.1.7 (with the latest Debian secuirty fix),
and this is actually is breaking it!  (???)

Maybe we can get a non-Debian non-FT 2.2.1 tester to try? (otherwise we
are compounding bugs which makes things very difficult to trial)

Markus wrote:
> Anything which I should backport to 6.2?
..
> - recent freetype changes - no idea

I think it is better to wait until changes are settled and commit the
settled backport once rather than backport each individial change. This
keeps the CVS log tidier and easier to follow.

Hamish