v.category problem - was Re: [GRASS-dev] Keywords, help pages...

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Thu Aug 31 00:00:08 EDT 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:34:19 -0600
Trevor Wiens wrote:

-snip-
 > To use "v.add.centroids" or "v.centroids option=add" ?
v.add.centroids
> > is more obvious, but v.centroids leaves the door open for future
> > options. I have no idea what those options could be, but someone might
> > think of something. CVS directory removal & above release restrictions
> > make it a pain to change later.
> >

> I suppose one could have an option=extract to pull the centroids as
> points?

Scratch that. That is stupid as there is already v.extract. I think
v.add.centroids is the way to go. I'll write the help page accordingly.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)