[GRASS-dev] vask and undefined symbol: stdscr - was Re: [Gdal-dev] Error accessing Pgeo through ODBC

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Dec 2 06:51:27 EST 2006

Glynn Clements wrote:

> AFAICT, the following files from lib/imagery actually use vask:
>
> 	file		used by
>
> 	ask_bands.c	<nothing>
> 	ask_colors.c	<nothing>
> 	tape_info.c	<nothing>
> 	v_exec.c	ask_bands.c, tape_info.c (both unused)
> 	vask_group.c	i.class
>
> IOW, the only reason why the imagery library needs to use vask is
> because i.class uses I_vask_subgroup_old(). In which case, that code
> can be moved to i.class, leaving the vask and edit libraries as the
> only libraries which uses curses.
>
> More later ...

I've eliminated the vask dependency for lib/imagery.

Now, the only things which should require curses are those which
actually use it, primarily those which use the vask (i.ortho.photo,
i.class, etc/set_data, r.le.setup, r.support, v.transform) or edit
(etc/set_data, r.support) libraries, although a couple of modules use
curses directly (e.g. d.colors, i.vpoints).