[GRASS-dev] [bug #5219] (grass) d.vect display=cat works only for layer 1

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 15:55:34 EST 2006

Hi,

2006/10/18, Request Tracker <grass-bugs at intevation.de>:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5219
>
> Subject: d.vect display=cat works only for layer 1
>
> Although I specify 'layer=2' to be queried, the 'd.vect display=shape,cat'
> displays catgory numbers from layer 1, instead of layer 2.
>
> It is reproducible with any data. Eg.:
>
> 1. v.random out=pts n=10
> 2. v.category input=pts output=pts2 type=point option=add cat=100 layer=2 step=10
> 3. d.vect pts2 layer=1 display=shape,cat
> 4. d.vect pts2 layer=2 display=shape,cat
>
> You'll see the pictures of 3. and 4. are identical, while they shouldn't, as
> the cats in layer 2 and layer 1 of pts2 are different,

It seems you have to specify the llayer parameter too,  e.g.

d.erase;d.vect pts2 layer=2 display=shape,cat llayer=2

It is really confusing, I am not sure how to solve it. Do you think,
would be enough to print a given warning, e.g. "The layer number (2)
and layer number for labels (1) are not the same.".

Best, Martin

PS: I am really looking forward to the new bug tracker! Thanks Maciek
for working on it...

Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *