[GRASS-dev] Re: autoconf, LOC_CHECK_VERSION_INT

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 17:01:11 EST 2006

Hi,

I was trying to emerge GRASS 6.1.0 and 6.2.0 on my freshly installed
Gentoo ~x86 box, but it stopped on following error:
***** autoconf *****

configure.in:44: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
      See the Autoconf documentation.

As Radim also had following problem, I wan to ask:
1) is autoconf-2.1x required to compile GRASS and autoconf-2.61
currently banned?
2) if it is fixed in 6.3, is possible to backport this fix before 6.2.1 release?
3) is easy to fix this autoconf problem? I mean like changing one line
in configure from ebuild, if it is not fixed before 6.2.1 release.

You may ask - why I use autoconf-2.61? My answer - it's just default
on my Gentoo system :)

WBR,
Maris.