[GRASS-dev] Unix-isms in gis_set.tcl

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 5 19:03:35 EST 2006

On 12/5/06 8:53 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 05/12/06 13:34, Paul Kelly wrote:
>> gis_set.tcl (the location and mapset browser that appears when GRASS is
>> started in GUI mode) contains "exec ls" in a few places that stops it
>> from working on native Windows without Msys. Has anybody done any work
>> on it and would know how to fix those? I'm sure there must be a Tcl
>> command to list a directory but I can't find it by searching on Google.
>
> How about 'glob' ?
> (http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/glob.htm)

This seems to work. I've replaced all exec ls with glob and some other tcltk
syntax. It works OK on my Mac/x11 system.  I just put it into the CVS.
Please try on other systems and on Windows. This doesn't seem to break
anything. Keep you fingers crossed.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213