[GRASS-dev] v.to.db option=slope

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu Dec 7 12:17:01 EST 2006

hi,
On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 05:43:23PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 05:30:00PM +0100, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> > Hallo,
> > somebody asked on IRC, how to calculate slopes for vector lines.
> >
> > This patch should add new option "slope" to v.to.db module and calculate slope steepness
> > for each vector line
> >
> > What do you think, shall I commit this patch to cvs?
> >

> Hi Jachym,
>
> nice idea! Without inspecting the patch, does it work in LatLong?
>
> Markus

no, it does not :-( it does not even work with option=length, because of

Vect_cidx_get_num_unique_cats_by_index ( &Map, Vect_cidx_get_field_index(&Map, options.field ) );

in main.c returns 1634887471 of unique cats by index and v.to.db ends up
with G_calloc error: could not allocat memory.

I have no clue, how to fix this bug.

Jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky