[GRASS-dev] Re: North Arrow updates

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 18:30:39 EST 2006

> > I have just applied a couple of changes to NVIZ to pick up some
> > problems I was having with the new North Arrow args. I have added
> > the updated arrow routine to togl_flythrough.c (it won't build
> > without it) and I fixed the number of allowable argc in
> > Ndraw_Narrow_cmd (draw.c).

thanks. I've now done the same for the new scalebar code as well.

> > I also set the default arrow and text colors in
> > panel_main.tcl to black (you might want to change these).

I changed the default text color to white as the two are drawn
on top of each other. Note the text color is ignored. I will look
into this next.

> > Hopefully this has not broken anything you were trying to do.

on the contrary, thanks for filling in bits I missed.

> I just updated and compiled GRASS 6.3 from the cvs. I don't see any
> visual change in the arrow panel. Is the new code not implemented yet?

No, Bob's changes didn't add to the panel, just finished the job I
started yesterday. You will need to add in the color selection code to
panel_arrow.tcl (I suggest copying it from panel_fringe.tcl).

For the scalebar panel I think we should wait until the arrow panel is
finalized, then just copy it vs. duplicating changes during development.

How do folks like the new shape of the north arrow? To me it looks a bit
like an arrowhead or spear. (shrug)

Hamish