[GRASS-dev] NVIZ startup

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Mon Dec 11 09:12:20 EST 2006

Hello,

I have updated NVIZ so that it is now started via a script (still called
nviz). This update should improve the TCL error catching of NVIZ. TCL
errors should now be printed to stderr. The previous version would hang
or dump the user out without any indication of the TCL error causing the
problem.

The un-installed script can be found in nviz/scripts. Please check it
out and see if any improvements can be made.

This update also includes modifications to the nviz Makefile. The script
is currently being installed in $GISBASE/bin, but it should probably be
installed in $GISBASE/scripts. Unfortunately I do not know how to remove
the old nviz in $GISBASE/bin before installing the script in
$GISBASE/scripts. There is also a couple lines in Makefile to handle
moving the binary nvwish to $GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/. Please check this
section to ensure that is is correct (particularly Windows developers).

--
Bob