[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.2.1RC1 published

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Dec 11 19:41:50 EST 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 6:54 PM, Hamish wrote:

> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> Hamish wrote:
>>> - not familiar enough with Zooming issues to test that.
>>
>> One bug remainning in gis.m AFAIK is that in the constrained zoom
>> mode
>> the region aspect ratio is not preserved during single-click zoom
>> in/out (and the aspect ratio must be preserved, because it is the
>> *constrained zoom mode*).
>>
>> Other zooming issues I used to complain about seem to have been fixed
>> by Michael. Great.
>>
>>> * `nviz vol=` gives a warning that it won't work
>>
>> There is still a bug in NVIZ, that usually after adding a vector
>> point
>> layer, removing it, and adding a new one, artifacts are displayed,
>> including:
>>
>> 1. different icons then the chosen one, for some points
>> 2. some points are displayed with random colors, not the one
>> specified
>> 3. line artifact happen to pop up
>>
>> See the attached screendump (spearfish: elevation.10m + archsites)
>> and
>> latest remarks in the http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4492.
>

> do both of these issues exist in 6.2 and 6.3, or have they been
> fixed in
> 6.3 but not backported?

I did not test it with spearfish, but I can confirm that there is a
problem still in 6.3
My problem was not the same - icons, colors worked fine, but when I
chose x as
a symbol all points were displayed under the surface, using other
symbols they were
draped properly: here is the image of what I tested it with (I sneak
preview
of the new data set we plan to replace the spearfish with)

http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/grassprobl/
nvizpointbug1.jpg
(the black of I change the black squares to x they are all under the
surface, even
if I make them really big).

It would be useful if others tested this with different types of data
and sequence
of operations - this happened after I deleted and reloaded the data
as Maciek has indicated.

Helena