[GRASS-dev] illegal characters in filenames

Andreas Gros andreas.gros at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Dec 14 03:19:02 EST 2006

Hi there,

while programming a grass module I would like to open some raster input files.

Doing it the way as it's done in the r.example I get the following messages,
(which I'd like to avoid):
Illegal filename. character </> not allowed.

GRASS_INFO_WARNING(5821,1): unable to find
[/home/andi/uni/da/prog/grassdb/metapop_test/PERMANENT/.tmp/hobbes/5821.0] in
[PERMANENT]
Illegal filename. character </> not allowed.

GRASS_INFO_WARNING(5821,2): unable to find
[/home/andi/uni/da/prog/grassdb/metapop_test/PERMANENT/.tmp/hobbes/5821.1] in
[PERMANENT]
Illegal filename. character </> not allowed.

When i open one of the raster files before in the grass-UI, I get the message
the "@" in metapop_test_rastersomething at PERMANENT is a prohibited character.

Is there a standard method (non-documented, or
not-to-be-found-elsewhere-in-the-grass-documents, by the way) of avoiding
these messages and getting grass to do what's supposed to do?

Thanks for the help!

Andi

--
Andreas Gros (PhD-Student)