[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 12:39:59 EST 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Moritz Lennert wrote:

[...]
> Now the only errors I get are the following. Of these all are probably
> expected, or ? (The gui/tcltk/menus is an issue of the Makefile not being
> updated when the common menus were removed. Needs to be fixed in CVS.)
>
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/display/drivers/PNG (undefined reference to `LIB_main')
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/gui/tcltk/menus
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/imagery/i.class (most of the following with sys/wait.h:
> No such file or directory)
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2image
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2target
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/imagery/i.points
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/imagery/i.vpoints
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.daemon
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.edgedensity
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchdensity
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchnumber
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.shape
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.simpson
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.shannon
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.meanPatchSize
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.meanPixelAttribute
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchAreaDistributionCV
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchAreaDistributionSD
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchAreaDistributionRANGE
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.contrastWeightedEdgeDensity
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.richness
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.dominance
> /c/grasssrc/grass6/raster/r.terraflow (grass2str.h:436: error: `getrusage'
> undeclared (first use this function))

Yes I get all those errors too. display/drivers/PNG is unsolveable for now
but the others will be worth looking into.

[...]
> Did that. I also added a 'set GRASS_WISH=' command in grass63.bat, as it
> didn't seem to find my wish command.
>
> Now I see a message in cmd.exe: ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set and an empty
> 'gis_set' window. When I close that window, the gis.m starts up but then
> crashes and closes very quickly.

Perhaps you have a corrupt GISRC file from the intitial g.dirseps problem?
The init.bat doesn't do anything yet to delete corrupt GISRC files like
Init.sh does - you could try deleting it manually and then restarting:
%HOME%\.grassrc6 is the relevant file.

> Launching grass63 within msys, I see the following issues at first glance:
>
> - the dbf driver now launches (I can see the terminal window flashing),
> but I get a 'dbmi: Protocol error', be for 'v.info -c' or for
> 'v.db.select'. Don't know how to debug this. I'll have to install
> postgresql or sqlite to test with other db backends.

OK - I don't think I have ever used any database features at all so
haven't tested this.

> - everytime I a map display gets refreshed, I see 'etc/freetypecap: No
> FreeType definition file

Yes I get that too. Would like to include freetype for a binary
distribution.

> - v.buffer fails with a windows error while the topology is being built.
> Launching v.build on the resulting file I get the warning that the coor
> file of the map is larger than it should be

Just thinking - the portability tests during the build of the vector
library seem to fail. This would be worth looking into. TBH I haven't done
must vector testing at all. Just with 3-D points as far as I can remember.

> So, very promising as compilation seems to work, and I can already nicely
> display and overlay maps. The dbmi error keeps me from using several of
> the vector modules (v.buffer, v.overlay). I've tried a few raster modules
> randomly (shaded relief, raster buffer, r.bilinear) and they worked.

Good to hear it :)

Paul