[GRASS-dev] v.edit updates

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Fri Dec 15 11:19:01 EST 2006

Hi Wolf, thanks your your comments,

see my below ;-)

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 03:58:58PM +0200, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
> Yes. I like this. It is a lot nicer then option, but option is standard. I
> would go with tool.

I just think, when other modules (v.clean) use this name of option,
v.edit should use it too ;-)

> >   tools:  merge - removed
> >           new tools introduced
>
> Is merge not needed? Or do you think other modules should do this? Could
> you briefly describe the other tools? I noticed that they are in the wiki,
> but I'd like to hear your thoughts and ideas behind the other tools.

no, sorry, I understood it wrong, I'll put it back.

> > [...]
> >v.build tmp
>
> I think that maybe v.edit should rebuild the topology, there shouldn't be
> any need to use v.build. Does anybody else have an opinion about this?

absolutely truth, this was not working only for "add" tool. it should be
all right now

> ># remove feature defined by category
> >v.edit map=tmp tool=delete cat=13
> >d.redraw # big soil area on south should be removed
> >

> does this also remove the attributes from the DB?

not yet. IMHO it should do so (accoring to -d flag)

> >I prepared new patch (attached). If there will be no provisos, I would
> >like to add this to cvs soon and continue with the development.
> >

> I think you should keep up the good work! Sorry I've had to disappear
> into the background...
>
> --Wolf

Thanks for your suggestions and for v.edit design!

Jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz