[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Dec 15 11:37:13 EST 2006

On Thu, December 14, 2006 18:39, Paul Kelly wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
> [...]
>> Now the only errors I get are the following. Of these all are probably
>> expected, or ?

[...]

> Yes I get all those errors too. display/drivers/PNG is unsolveable for now
> but the others will be worth looking into.

Ok, some people have already given some ideas. Will ignore for now.

> [...]
>> Did that. I also added a 'set GRASS_WISH=' command in grass63.bat, as it
>> didn't seem to find my wish command.
>>
>> Now I see a message in cmd.exe: ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set and an
>> empty
>> 'gis_set' window. When I close that window, the gis.m starts up but then
>> crashes and closes very quickly.
>
> Perhaps you have a corrupt GISRC file from the intitial g.dirseps problem?
> The init.bat doesn't do anything yet to delete corrupt GISRC files like
> Init.sh does - you could try deleting it manually and then restarting:
> %HOME%\.grassrc6 is the relevant file.

Yep, that was it. Now GRASS starts without msys !

Next step: make install

- doesn't install the grass63.bat file in bin
- when I copy grass63.bat to c:\grass\bin and modify it so that
set WINGISBASE=c:\grass\grass-6.3.cvs
I get error in startup script: "can't read "env(GISBASE)": no such
variable while executing "source $env(GISBASE)/etc/gtcltk/gmsg.tcl" (file
"c:\grass\grass-6.3.cvs\etc\gis_set.tcl" line 29)

I don't know if the problem is that line 37 of Init.bat does not convert
the WINGISBASE variable correctly, or whether it is something else. But I
don't have this problem if I launch grass63.bat from the
bin.i686-pc-mingw32 in the source tree...

Step by step... ;-)

Moritz