[GRASS-dev] nviz locks-up

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Wed Dec 20 01:32:43 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 17:54 -0500, Paul Van Deusen wrote:
> Hamish wrote:
> > Paul Van Deusen wrote:
> >
> >> I just compiled grass 6.2.1 on 2 computers, one runs FC5 and the other
> >> FC6. nviz works fine on the FC5 machine, but it locks-up on the FC6
> >> system. Specifically, entering nviz -q causes the nviz window and the
> >> "please wait ..." windows
> >> to open.  The nviz window remains empty and "please wait ..." never
> >> goes away on the FC6 system.
> >> Any suggestions?
> >

> > what version of Tcl/Tk is installed on the FC6 machine?
> > Can you try with version 8.4?
> >
> > Hamish
> >

> This machine was upgraded from FC5 to FC6 recently.
> FC5 was a clean install.
> Here are all the tcl/tk packages that are installed:
> tclx-8.4.0-5.fc6
> tcl-8.4.13-3.fc6
> tcl-devel-8.4.13-3.fc6
> postgresql-tcl-8.1.4-1.1
> tk-8.4.13-3.fc6
> tk-devel-8.4.13-3.fc6

Interestingly, I do not have this problem on FC6 (i386) with the same
tk/tcl versions.

FYI, there are also Fedora RPMS available at
http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/linux/

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785