[GRASS-dev] Holiday GUI updates to GRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Dec 20 12:55:10 EST 2006

I just committed a number of GUI updates to GRASS which will hopefully make
some people happy for the holidays.

1. The title bar on the map layer window looks a bit nicer
2. You can now select panel options by clicking the icon/button in the map
layer window. Previously, you had to click the text.
3. I did a complete makeover to the EPSG projection setting GUI. There is
now a search engine that allows you to search for any text string, will
automatically grab the associated EPSG code, and put it into the EPSG code
entry window.
4. I put all the define new region code into the tcltk script (it was in a
separate bash script) so that it is now Windows-compatible (I hope). Some of
this code will go away with planned improvements to g.proj.
5. When you define a location using the EPSG module, it automatically
updates the locations list so that you don't have to restart GRASS to see
the new location.
6. I did a few cosmetic improvements to the main startup window (button
placement and consistent relief height).

Cheers
Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213