[GRASS-dev] [bug #5402] (grass) improving v.digit

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Dec 21 10:05:14 EST 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5402

Subject: improving v.digit

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: grass63CVS

My name is Marco Rigotti and I'm writing as I wish the v.digit module to be improved.
v.digit has a severe handicap: it lacks an efficient editing tool. v.digit functionalities would benefit to a high extent if we could allow the snap to work not only with nodes but with all kind of vertexes. Furthermore if the mouse pointer changed its shape (or colour) when pointing on any geometrical element, the user would know in a far easier way when the snap is working or not.

Such improvements would help in making the v.digit easier to use and much more complete than it is by now. At present, the v.digit module doesn't allow for complex editing/digitising, forcing people to use other GIS softwares (Arcview, Geomedia, ...) in order to achieve their objectives.