[GRASS-dev] Re: GIS Manager and Map Display 1 faults on Ubuntu 6.06

Andreas Gros andreas.gros at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Dec 28 04:57:26 EST 2006

Hello Stefan,

had the same problem with Ubuntu 6.06. Now that I installed 6.10 this problem
is gone. Haven't figured out what exactly the original problem was, though.

Kind regards,

Andreas

> I did not care about the kernel - he is running with a realtime-patch.
>
> Maybe this is causing the failures - but I do not understand how this can
> affect grass? Are there known problems when grass (gui-) functions are
> heavily interrupted?

I guess I don't know the answer to this. Maybe someone else does.

> Sometimes, I run a VMWARE server with both W98 and W2k on this box  too. But
> they are run pretty smooth; so for me the base system is stable.

Does g.region work OK? If not, it will affect a number of features in the
display controls of the GIS Manager.

Michael

--
Andreas Gros (PhD-Student)