[GRASS5] Platform for next generation UI

Māris Nartišs maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:50:27 EST 2006

For non-programmer it seems to be trivial -
G_open_raster_new() - deadlock;
G_open_raster_old() - softlock.

Only big problem - what if module forgets to call G_close_cell() (i.e.
segfaults).

Anyway - if we create new UI, adding calls for map locking shouldn't
be big problem, if locking is done per mapset base - independent from
user/session.

Just to keep flame,
Maris.