[GRASS5] [bug #3970] (grass) v.in.ogr: CAT becomes DOUBLE instead of INTEGER

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Jan 10 15:19:10 EST 2006

This report was dumb:

I wrote:

> DOUBLE PRECISION|CAT           <- shouldn't it be INETEGER?

No, it shouldn't. Because the input column is DOUBLE indeed:
$ ogrinfo -al -so tmp/dzialki_rogow/dzialki_rogow.shp
<snip>
CAT: Real (11.0)
<snip>

BUT - the problem is that this input column SHOULD BE INTEGER, NOT REAL. The
reason is a bug (?) in v.out.ogr:

https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3626
"v.out.ogr forces REAL on an INTEGER column"

Please, really, could somebody take a look at this and say why INTEGER columns
are exported as REAL (ie. DOUBLE PRECISION)? We don't want our data to be
modified this way by v.out.ogr. Or do we?

Maciek