[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:9778] Re: drop column?

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Tue Jan 10 16:49:52 EST 2006

On wto, 2006-01-10 at 22:27 +0200, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
> On 10/01/06 17:20, Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> > I just read that SQLITE also does not support "ALTER TABLE table DROP
> > COLUMN". ("SQLite's version of the ALTER TABLE command allows the user to
> > rename or add a new column to an existing table. It is not possible to
> > remove a column from a table." [1]
> > How to deal with this issue?
>
> I guess we just have to live with it ):. The DBF supports even less...

The lack of "drop column" in sqlite has been discussed a bit here
http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg03110.html
There is a notion of planning to implement "drop column" in sqlite. But
this was 2004... Let's try to convince sqlite devs it is still important
for users. I have just started doing so :).

Maciek