[GRASS5] prototype new GIS Manager in TclTk

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Jan 11 14:00:58 EST 2006

Hi!

I tested this gis.m I have to say that I am impressed. You have managed
to unclutter g.m! I have not used d.m since after  week 2 of grass (I'm
a commandline kind of a guy), but this... Well I think I'm going to
start using it again, (;

GREAT job. Keep it up!

Then for a bugreport. Line 275 of cmonitor.tcl in gm refers to
"~/dispmon.ppm", but on line 255 you do:
set env(GRASS_PNGFILE) "dispmon.ppm"

This works in your home dir, but I usually switch to a subdirectory
where I can easily store output etc from grass in to the current
directory, so it didn't work... I know this is just a mock-up, but I
thought I'd point it out. Later probably it should be save in some
temporary dir that gets cleaned when you exit GRASS.

Good job!

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>