[GRASS5] shape file limit with v.in.org.all

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Wed Jan 11 15:02:52 EST 2006

I have an odd script question. I am using a script v.in.ogr.all

#!/bin/bash

#test to see if script is being run from GRASS

if test "$GISBASE" = ""; then
         echo "You must be in GRASS to run this program"
         exit
fi

for MAP in `ls ~/projects/mn_dnr/shape_files/forties/county/*.shp`; do
     v.in.ogr -o dsn=~/projects/mn_dnr/shape_files/forties/county/
output=`ba\
sename $MAP .shp` layer=`basename $MAP .shp`;

done

to import a bunch (>100) shape files. When I run the script on the
whole directory of shape files, I get the error:

ERROR 4: Unable to open /Network/Servers/truffula.fr.umn.edu/Volumes/
disk1/home1/kwythers/projects/mn_dnr/shape_files/forties/county/
wrig_forties.shx or /Network/Servers/truffula.fr.umn.edu/Volumes/
disk1/home1/kwythers/projects/mn_dnr/shape_files/forties/county/
wrig_forties.SHX.

repeated for every shape file. However, if I run the same script on
just a few files, the world is cool. So far I have run it on 1 file,
3 files, 6 files, and 20 files. I am about to try 50 or so files. Has
anyone see this kind of behavior before?

Kirk