[GRASS5] [bug #4024] (grass) d.m, v.in.ascii: columns hint leads to errors

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Jan 21 14:11:36 EST 2006

Maciek,

Again, the dialogs that pop up when you run a GRASS command are NOT a part
of the dm/GIS Manager. They are generated from the C-code of the module (or
the script code for shell scripts). If you want to report a bug or wish with
one of these dialogs and get it fixed, don't report it as a dm bug. I agree
that some of these could use better descriptions of options. Suggested text
improvements would help those who maintain the relevant modules.

In this case, you need to report this as a bug for v.in.ascii--not d.m.

Michael

On 1/20/06 8:41 AM, "Maciek Sieczka via RT" <grass-bugs at intevation.de>
wrote:

> Here's another command using the contents of manual for messing up the GUI -
> r.in.ascii. This one even inputs some nonsense default parameters into the
> GUI, not only suggests them:
>
> 'mult=1.0 'mult=1.0 or read from header'
> 'nv=* or read from header'
>
> Of course running the module with such defaults leads to a failure.
>
> Maciek
>
> P.S.
> I'm renaming the report to "corrupted defaults and comments in GUI".

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287

WWW - http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton
Phone: 480-965-6262