[GRASS5] tutorial for grass 6 GUI

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Jan 26 07:10:16 EST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 11:40 schrieb Moritz Lennert:
> > kishore kumar wrote:
> >>Is there a tutorial for GRASS 6x version in pdf format?
> >
> > Yes, more than one:
> >  http://grass.itc.it/gdp/tutorials.php
> >
> > Markus
>
> Yes, but the most complete tutorial from GDF is not available in PDF
> form. It might be helpful if we had a direct link on the above page to
> the pdf versions in the different languages. But I guess this would mean
> building them ourselves and putting them onto the GRASS server.
>
> Any reason why GDF doesn't offer PDF versions ?

Hi Moritz,

yes, some time ago we decided to keep it as simple as possible for us, because
people can easily build any format they like from the latex sources:

example for PDF:

svn checkout
https://subversion.gdf-hannover.de:8080/svn/translations/branches/1.2/<language>
make pdf

but you are probably right, that it would be even easier for users if we
provide a pdf version as well. You will find the link soon (couple of hours)
here:

http://www.gdf-hannover.de/literature

regards,
   Otto