[GRASS-dev] portable.h alternatives? [was: include/portable.h?]

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jul 1 15:07:15 EDT 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> The ideal solution would be to re-write portable.c so that it doesn't
> depend upon the host's byte order; i.e. [de]serialize in the correct
> byte-order to start with, rather than assuming that the host's
> byte-order matches that of the file then "byte-swap" if it doesn't.

Maybe I should add a wish for this?  Or could you, since you seem to
understand what to ask for?

This is the only place I've found in GRASS right now with endian-
dependent code.  Could something like this make it into the 6.2 release?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy