[GRASS-dev] internationalization error compiling 6.1cvs 03-04-06

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jul 4 03:21:36 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote on 07/04/2006 01:37 AM:

> I tried to compile a cvs version of GRASS 6.1 today and it quit in
> what appears to be an internationalization section. It compiled just
> fine with the same configuration and dependencies last Friday. I did a
> make clean and make distclean and reran configure just to make sure.
> Same results.
>
> Here is the error section of the make output.
>
> grassmods_tr.po: 1092 translated messages, 226 fuzzy translations,
> 2046 untranslated messages.
> grassmods_vi.po: 0 translated messages, 2084 fuzzy translations, 1280
> untranslated messages.
> grassmods_zh.po: 1379 translated messages, 482 fuzzy translations,
> 1503 untranslated messages.
> grasstcl_de.po: msgfmt: unrecognized option `--tcl'
> Try `msgfmt --help' for more information.

Michael,

it appears that you need to update your 'gettext' package.
In newer versions the --tcl parameter is there:

msgfmt --help | grep tcl
      --tcl                   Tcl mode: generate a tcl/msgcat .msg file

I am using:
gettext-0.14.5-3

Older versions are seriously broken and Cedric found out
from the gettext ChangeLog file.

Markus