[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 release preparation

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jul 4 03:41:18 EDT 2006

Are the any (detailed) instructions for how to build and package
a native QGIS + GRASS distribution from the regular GRASS CVS
repository?

I would love to add my archaeology modules and produce a version
of GRASS for my colleagues working on Win32 systems.
I am sure this could hit big in a science with low budget and
very specific GIS needs.

Best,

Benjamin

Markus Neteler wrote:
> nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au wrote on 07/04/2006 02:14 AM:
>

>>>An announcement is drafted at
>>>http://grass.itc.it/announces/announce_grass610.html
>>>The list of changes should be almost up to date, please
>>>review and add missing items. Also the wording of the
>>>first part could be more press release like.
>>>

>>I notice that the link at
>>
>>  Selected Bugfixes (see ChangeLog for details)
>>
>>   - Source code quality/libraries:
>>      - GRASS is now ANSI C compliant
>>      - Ported natively to MS-Windows (MinGW based)
>>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>Actually points to a page (owned by Markus Neteler) that
>>points to a page for downloading QGIS.
>>

> QGIS and GRASS are integrated there into a single package (for the ease
> of installation):
> qgis-grass-0.8.0-preview-win32-060605.zip.torrent
> <http://gisalaska.com/torrents/qgis-grass-0.8.0-preview-win32-060605.zip.torrent>
> 37Mb Windows 0.8 PreviewJune 5 2006 QGIS+GRASS
>
> I hope to get assistance to build the package weekly on grass.itc.it or
> to fetch it
> weekly from someone else.
>
> Markus

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany