[GRASS-dev] v.to.rast results in nan

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Mon Jul 10 13:09:36 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 17:35 +0200, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> hello,
>
> I get a very strange behaviour which might be a bug or feature:
>
> When I want to covert vector to raster I tried two ways:
>
> Open vector -- zoom in -- apply v.to.rast col=AREA -- r.info gives nan values
>
> g.region vect=name -- apply v.to.rast col=AREA -- r.info gives correct values
>
> I assumed that zooming in/showing the correct extend in the monitor changed
> the region settings automatically. It might be a feature but not a very
> intuitive one.

Thank you for the report.  We're seeing a lot of region related errors
of late.  This is also the case with the v.drape bug (#4606) reported on
Saturday.  In the case of v.drape, the error is an invalid row fetch,
but it doesn't make sense.  The vector is entirely within the raster
region, except the western edge.

To the devel list:
Using 'g.region vect=name' seems to remedy the problem in all cases
encountered so far.

Two questions:
- What happened before Friday that yields this bizarre behavior?  I
don't see anything overtly obvious in my log since June 26 (no major
related changes in lib/*).

- In light of that, is this something more long-standing that people
just happen to be testing or can someone put a firm date on the change?

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785