[GRASS-dev] again: add attributes to new vector / create new vector (Vlib)

Florian Kindl Florian.Kindl at uibk.ac.at
Wed Jul 12 06:42:21 EDT 2006

Hello list!

I am still working on a new vector module for GRASS GIS.
It reads an existing vector set (stream network), calculates the
strahler order for the lines and writes a new vector set.

I encountered two problems, though:

1) The output set should contain the attributes of the input set plus
2 new attributes which are calculated by my module. How do I append
these new attribute columns to my output data?

I can successfully write a new table if the old vector had none but i
fail to copy existing attributes AND add my calculated columns.

How would I accomplish that?

2) Even if the table is written, the output vector is not properly
closed.

I use
Vect_close(&Out);
and get the following errors:

===
WARNING: Could not stat file '/vbg_m28/c716322/vector/xxxx/coor'
WARNING: Can't open topo file for write: /vbg_m28/c716322/vector/xxxx/
topo
WARNING: Can't open cidx file for write: /vbg_m28/c716322/vector/xxxx/
cidx
WARNING: Could not stat file '/vbg_m28/c716322/vector/xxxx/coor'
mkdir: cannot create directory `/vbg_m28/c716322/vector': No such
file or directory
ERROR: can't make mapset element vector/xxxx (/vbg_m28/c716322/vector)
===

A vector set 'xxxx' is actually created but
v.info xxxx
yields
ERROR: Cannot open old vector xxxx at c716322 on level 2

Any ideas how to solve my problems?

Thanks for your help,
Flo.

--