[GRASS-dev] G_get_raster_sample(): request outside region

Florian Kindl Florian.Kindl at uibk.ac.at
Mon Jul 17 04:22:17 EDT 2006

On 15.07.2006, at 03:42, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Sometimes. The coordinates passed to the latter must lie within the
> current region, but the coordinates returned from the former can lie
> outside of the current region.

Glynn,
thank you very much for your response!

I think I understand what you are saying, but:
- my vectors lie completely within the raster.
- the error occurs when the region is set to the extent of the raster
as well as when it is set to the extent of the vectors.

So, how can it be that Vect_get_node_coor() returns coordinates
outside the current region?

And how can it be that the error occurs even though the node really
lies within the current region:

+++

/* debug output of my program: */
window.north=270001.000000
window.south=265000.000000
window.west= -45000.000000
window.east= -39000.000000
coor node 1: -41729.635417,267224.854167

WARNING: [raster] - read request for row 311730 is outside region
ERROR: problem reading raster cell file

+++

thanks again,
-Flo.