[GRASS-dev] New OpenGL options to test for native Mac and Win NVIZ

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 11:18:44 EDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2006, at 2:03 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:
>
>> There is a similar issue with the datum shift grids used by PROJ.
>>
> Oh damn!  I'm surprised noone has said anything from using my universal
> binaries (built on Intel Mac).  Maybe the datum grids are just not used much
> (it's only the extras for the states).  And here I was working on frameworks
> for my installers.  The PROJ framework would have the same problem as with
> the GRASS fonts, but I'm not sure I can do run-time processing in this case.

This worked in GRASS 5.x. I didn't realise it was missing from the install
script for 6.x but I see now it is. I'm going away for the weekend so
won't have a chance to look at it until some time next week but look at
the 5.x install script to see how it is done:
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/grass/binaryInstall.src?content-type=text/plain
(search for nad2bin - probably something similar can be done for the
fonts).

Is there any particular reason why installable Mac binaries couldn't run
an install script? It would seem like a pretty common thing to want to do
:/

Paul