[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 branch status

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 00:34:54 EDT 2006

Markus wrote:

> > Next week we should get out 6.1.0beta2 or maybe RC1.
>
> We still have the following open issues:
>
> Showstoppers:
> * NVIZ volume broken (IMHO showstopper, since this worked already)
>    https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4725

it should be possible to do checkout by date
   cvs checkout -D 2006-02-28 grass6/

to help narrow down the change that broke it.

maybe try Lorenzo's binary archives or if anyone keeps old linux
binary snapshots?
  http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/files/archives/

> Not showstoppers:
..
> * debian/ directory outdated (who cares)

Leave to the DebianGIS + UbuntuGIS teams to decide if it's needed?
Replace with links to DebianGIS + UbuntuGIS control files? (Alioth SVN)
(no opinion otherwise)

> * i.vpoints status?

working-just-fine in HEAD, I found a bug where if you load a raster
target image before the vector target image, the un-zoomed (top right)
panel doesn't line up correctly. If you load a vector map first it's ok.
not a release-critical bug IMO.

zoomed reverse transform warp overlay (in bottom left panel) remains
TODO.

After overseeing some work with i.points I think it is useful to keep as
a "simple" solution.

> * v.digit: $mapname in the title bar
>    http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4796

suggest leaving as "v.digit - \$mapname" in HEAD; in the release branch
change to either "v.digit" or remove the line so the title is the
mapname.

I'm gone for a month, so I leave it to others to fix my bugs ;)

Hamish