[GRASS-dev] How to obtain (lat, lon) of a point if I know ....

Zhuanshi He zhuanshi.he at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 02:26:55 EDT 2006

Dear All,

I want to obtain (lat, lon) of  a serials of points saved in a data
file. The first thing is that I have to know how to do it for one
point.

The pionts came from Mecartor projection. Now, I have a reference
point (reflat, reflon), and the distance (kilometers) (x,y)
corresponding to same (reflat,reflon). How to calculate the unkowns
(?lat.?lon)? Can Grass do this by one command?

 ---(Reflat,reflon)-----------------(x)---------
               |                                   |
               |                                   |

Many thanks for your help.

--
Zhuanshi He / Z. He (PhD)
ADvanced Environmental Monitoring Research Center (ADEMRC)
Email: Zhuanshi.He at gmail.com
Web: http://atm1.gist.ac.kr/~hzs/