[GRASS-dev] MS-Windows QGIS 0.8/winGRASS under Linux/Wine

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Jul 24 08:24:02 EDT 2006

Hello Markus,

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:01:41 +0200 Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> due to the high temperatures in Europe I could not
> resist to launch MS-Windows QGIS 0.8/winGRASS under
> Linux/Wine:
>
>  http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass61/qgis/
>
> Back to serious work,
>  Markus
>
> PS: Stephan H. - when does your nice 'setup.exe' reach
>     a public place (maybe it did already)?

Well, this 'nice' setup.exe had a major problem. The program to create
the setup.exe broke the scriptable tool-chain and needed user-activity.

I need to dig arround and find another installer which can be used in
mingw-env...
I think gsherman does have one, maybe he has a more detailed answer?

Cheers

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508