[GRASS-dev] directly import file into new location created on the basis of this file

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jul 27 08:10:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

When creating a new location from an existing georeferenced file in the
startup screen, the new location does not contain the file that was
used. I find this a bit counterintuitive.

How complicated would it be to import it direclty during the procedure
instead of forcing the user to import it from the newly created location
? If it is too complicated, we should at least give the user the info
that the file was not imported and needs to be with r.in.gdal or
v.in.ogr (should be possible to tell which).

Moritz