[GRASS-dev] GUI toolkits [-> ps.map CMYK]

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Thu Jun 1 09:34:02 EDT 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 23:20:44 +1200
Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > In terms of ps.map and process colours I was wondering about
> > considering a replacement using the PyX library which supports process
> > colours and more importantly text control using TeX. I don't like
> > tossing out existing code or suggesting others do the same, but I've
> > started using PyX for graph generation (on the same book project) and
> > it is pretty nice. Having the ability to layout maps using the
> > power of TeX is pretty much as good as it gets IMHO (FYI, I use and
> > really like LaTeX).
>
> have you tried GRI?  (or GRE)
>
> GRI:  http://gri.sourceforge.net

I had run across it before and had been unimpressed. Looking again,
based on the examples on the site, it seems fairly primitive and less
developed than graphing packages like GNU Plot or PyX, .....

Are you familiar with it and have a different view?

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)