[GRASS-dev] TclTk georectify addendum

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jun 6 00:02:54 EDT 2006

Just a couple more comments about the TclTk georectify module.

It is a TclTk replacement for i.points and i.vpoints, combined with
integrated interface to i.group, i.target, and i.rectify. There has been
some discussion about dropping i.rectify for gdalwarp. I¹ve used i.rectify
here, but it is probably possible to rewrite this to use gdalwarp in the
future.

Because it uses a TclTk canvas and replaces i.points and i.vpoints, it does
not require x11 for interactive selection of ground control points from
georectified and non-rectified maps.

Finally, I want to acknowledge some critical help from Glynn Clements for
ideas of how to get the map points into the GCP manager window.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213