[GRASS-dev] New georectifying module in TclTk

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 06:35:32 EDT 2006

Michael:
> > (Is 3rd order georectification still broken?)
Maciek:
> Broken?! Can you elaborate on it? The last time I used i.rectify few
> mnonths ago I only noticed that 2nd order output is somewhat strange
> (map borders became convex, in general rectification result worse
> than 1st and 3rd order), but 1st and 3rd produced a reasonable
> output...

see
 https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3166
related ?
 https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3052

also
 https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3296

I think GDAL order=3 will have the same problems, as both started from
the same code.

I didn't know order=2 had problems..?

Michael:
> > There has been some discussion about dropping i.rectify for
> > gdalwarp. I¹ve used i.rectify here, but it is probably possible to
> > rewrite this to use gdalwarp in the future.

I think we should keep i.rectify but use GDAL's warp API for the heavy
lifting. (as opposed to the "gdalwarp" program)

see
 https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2952
 http://www.gdal.org/warptut.html

Hamish