[GRASS-dev] v.edit

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:01:17 EDT 2006

I agree with Michael. I think that we should strive to make the
topologic model as orthogonal as possible. More importantly, it should
be easy to understand and implement. Tools should enforce the model
not add to the confusion. One of the problems of operational GIS are
broken/unclean topology.

If we need more sophisticated topological entities than point, line,
area; then we should develop a higher-order topologic model that is
built out of the three primitive objects rather than hack the simple
model. For example, boundary lines for a single area with distinct
categories are merging the behavior of line entity with the area
entity. I think that is confusing.

David Finlayson