[GRASS-dev] New georectifying module in TclTk

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 05:51:27 EDT 2006

> It sounds like most of the issues can be avoided by using i.rectify
> -c.

that is my understanding.

> What are the disadvantages of using the -c switch?

you have to restart GRASS in the target location and set up the region
by hand. Ok if you knew to project a v.in.region box first and can
calculate your target resolution, & give g.region all the right answers;
but an automatic determination would be much better for most people.

> It is not very clear (to me) in the docs.

As it wasn't (isn't) very clear to the folks writing the docs....

You'll have to dig into the archives to read the "region cropping"
history and the debate on the correct way to describe that flag.

AFAIR, the default mode tries not to reproject cells which are not being
used. (off the edge of the page in one projection) That is a very rough
recollection though- it wasn't all to clear to me at the time either.

Hamish