[GRASS-dev] Request to add a GCP file in vector directories

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jun 7 13:32:54 EDT 2006

Currently, I've got the gcp file stored in $GISDBASE/vector/[vector name].
It is no problem to put into $GISBASE/group/[vector group].

But to do this, it would be better if...

--i.group (or a new v.group) could create the group structure and the group
file

--v.transform could read a group file and act on the vectors listed

--v.transform could read a standard POINTS file and use or ignore the "use
gcp" column.

I could emulate steps 1 & 2 in TclTk (and probably hack step 3), but it
would be better in the long run if the GRASS C modules acted in a consistent
way for vectors and rasters.

I'll keep the 'test version' of the rectifier as is for the moment, but can
change it to use a group structure if that's what we want and can make the
changes to i.group/v.group and v.transform.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671