[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 20

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 9 00:35:13 EDT 2006

I want to point out that Œassisted scripting¹ and command line learning is
already available in the current (new and still not quite finished) GIS
Manager. The command console records all commands run by the GUI and keeps a
running history of commands and their output. By clicking on any command in
the history window, it is put into the command console at the bottom where
you can modify it and run it. Type Œtil your heart¹s content. You can also
cut and paste individual commands into a script if you want to build one. I
realize that GRASS and its interface is changing rapidly, sometimes on a
weekly basis. But we are trying to maintain (and improve) a robust command
line while making a much more usable GUI.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213