[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 19

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 04:13:34 EDT 2006

David Finlayson wrote:

> As far as I am concerned, there are more pressing issues for GRASS
> than the GUI.

1) Get NVIZ working* on Fedora Core 5 then release GRASS 6.1.0 as a
development snapshot.

2) see (1).

[*] Figure out if it is a 64bit problem, a dreaded TclTk 8.4+threading
error, TclTk 8.5 newness, or something that happened with the Togl 1.7
update.

Reported by Helena:

>> nviz gives me:
>>
>> GRASS 6.1.cvs (jockeystft):/bigdata/lindata > nviz el01.z4
>> translating colors from fp
>> X Error of failed request: GLXBadContext
>> Major opcode of failed request: 143 (GLX)
>> Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
>> Serial number of failed request: 201
>> Current serial number in output stream: 201

and same by Jaime Carrera:
 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/13687

thanks,
Hamish