[GRASS-dev] A portible shell for GRASS 7+ ?

Wolfgang wollez at gmx.net
Fri Jun 9 03:49:50 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm not an developer but a user of grass and I'm working on grass for
cygwin and I would prefer to get rid of cygwin, because I only need it
to run grass. But I don't think the windows command line is extendable
in a way that it is fully compatible with bash (even if all packages
from gnuwin32 (gnuwin32.sf.net) are installed). So I would like to have
an alternative shell for grass.

Cheers
Wolfgang